Sunday, June 5, 2011

Poppy Lost the Fight - Its up to you now Dave

Poppy  Then I lost Poppy (the girl) she had given up the fight and there was nothing I could do to change her mind. However I thought Dave had a good fight in him but then he too took a turn for the worst and I thought I was going to lose him too. He was so weak and had lost the ability to walk and was sitting in his own dirt and wee and I had decided to take him to be put to sleep the next day. Then my vet called rount to see Libby the resident Dartmoort and I asked him his opinion. He said because the lambs had not got the antibodies from their mum they had very little immune system and living outside for just a few hours would mean that dirt would have got inside the belly button and traveled up through his body and was messing around in his joints hence he could not  walk or get up. The vet asked me if I wanted to give it a go with Dave and give him a chance and I said ok. So the vet left,  I gave Dave an antibiotic injection
whipped him up
gave him a bath
wrapped him up and let him rest.
I had to get him, up every 30 minutes to go to the toilet and do a few steps with him to get him mobile again so that was a little demanding.
The puppies were still with me at that point and a baby
But I had made a decision to give it my best and thats what I intended to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive