Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Dartmoor Diet

Libby the Beautiful Teeny Weeny Dartmoor Pony joined Nunnery Farm in December 2010 and settled into life here very well.  She was bought as a pony for my little boy and things were going well.





Even though my little boy is still too small to ride her she enjoyed walks up the lane with the dogs and a friend's daughter was able to ride Libby from time to time so all seemed well until ....




Two friends dropped in for tea! These two were beautiful Gypsy Vanners - they are adorable ... but still boys in a field with my Girl!!


Libby and the two BOYS got on extremely well - I phoned a lady who knew who the owner was and she came to collect them shortly afterwards but it is to date a mystery as to whether 1 will become 2! Libby and the Boys seemed to get very close during the time the boys were in the field with her!

This little escapade happened a couple of months ago now and I thought Libby was getting a little larger and didn't pay much attention to it thinking that she was obviously pregnant due to her antics with the boys. Then my friend (who knows lots more than I do about ponies) simply said to me that she was too fat to tell whether Libby was preggers so she has gone on the Dartmoor Diet.

Libby is not impressed!

She is now on a friend's stud farm being exercised daily and in October - when the fat has subsided, we will know whether there will be a Winter Baby at Nunnery Farm!

.........Watch this Space!

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wow, Dartmoor ponies are sooo pretty. They have sweet faces don't they?

I'd love for Libby to have a pretty black and white foal. I can't wait to find out!

mdgtjulie said...

Awwww, foals are soooo cute! If you can afford it, and want to have one, I hope she's preggers. If not, I hope she's not, lol.

Mouse said...

ooo think I need to join her ..lol ... well hope that the outcome is the best one all round ??? poor wee thing ..lol love mouse xxxx

dirtycowgirl said...

I hope she is.

Because I know there will be pictures :)